Marialuisa Cavelti, PhD
Translational Research Center
I am a clinical psychologist at the Department of Psychotherapy (with Professor Franz Moggi) of the University Hospital of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Bern in Switzerland (Head: Professor Werner Strik). Since March
2016, I am a postdoctoral research fellow at Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health (with Professor Andrew Chanen) in Melbourne, Australia.
- Emotion regulation and psychotic symptoms in borderline personality disorder
- Auditory verbal hallucinations and formal thought disorder in schizophrenia
- Psychotherapy of schizophrenia
- Thomson K, Jackson H, McCutcheon L, Cavelti M, Betts J., Jovev M, Chanen A (2017). Clinical significance of sub-threshold borderline personality disorder features in outpatient youth. J Pers Disord (accepted).
- Cavelti M, Corbisiero S, Bitto H, Moerstedt B, Newark P, Faschina S, Chanen A, Moggi F, Stieglitz R-D (2017). A comparison of self-reported emotional regulation skills in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and borderline personality disorder. J Atten Disord, doi: 10.1177/1087054717698814.
- Cavelti M, Wirtz M, Corrigan P, Vauth R (2017). Recovery assessment scale: Examining the factor structure of the German version (RAS-G) in people with schizophrenia spectrum disorders. Eur Psychiatry 41: 60-67.
- Cavelti M, Homan P, Vauth R (2016). The impact of thought disorder on therapeutic alliance and personal recovery in schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder: An exploratory study. Psychiatry Res 239: 92–98.
- Westermann S, Moritz S, Caspar F, Cavelti M (2016). Unmet psychological needs in patients with schizophrenia. Psychosis, 1-4.
- Westermann S, Cavelti M, Heibach E, Caspar F (2015). Motive-oriented therapeutic relationship building for patients diagnosed with schizophrenia. Front Psychol 6: 1294.
- Cavelti M, Rüsch N, Vauth R (2014). Is living with psychosis demoralizing? Insight, self-stigma and clinical outcomes among people with schizophrenia across one year. J Nerv Ment Dis 202(7): 521-9.
- Kvgric S, Cavelti M, Beck EM, Rüsch N, Vauth R (2013). Therapeutic alliance in schizophrenia: the
role of recovery orientation, self-stigma and insight. Psychiatry Res 209(1): 15-20.
- Cavelti M, Contin G, Beck EM, Kvrgic S, Kossowsky J, Stieglitz RD, Vauth R (2012). Validation of the Illness Perception Questionnaire for Schizophrenia in a German speaking sample of outpatients with chronic schizophrenia. Psychopathology 45(4): 259-69.
- Cavelti M, Kvrgic S, Beck EM, Kossowsky J, Vauth R (2012). The role of subjective illness beliefs and attitude toward recovery within the relationship of insight and depressive symptoms among people with schizophrenia spectrum disorders. J Clin Psychol 68(4): 462-76.
- Cavelti M, Kvrgic S, Beck EM, Kossowsky J, Vauth R (2012). Assessing recovery in schizophrenia as a process at the individual level. An overview about self-report measures. Eur Psychiatry 27(1): 19-32.
- Cavelti M, Kvrgic S, Beck EM, Rüsch N, Vauth R (2012). Self-stigma and its relationship with insight, demoralization, and clinical outcome among people with schizophrenia spectrum disorders. Compr Psychiatry 53(5): 468-79.
- Beck EM, Vögelin R, Wirtz M, Cavelti M, Kvrgic S, Vauth R (2012). Do patients with schizophrenia distinguish between attitudes toward antipsychotic medication and pharmacotherapy in general? Validation of the Beliefs About Medication Questionnaire. J Nerv Ment Dis 200(1): 33-43.
- Fink N, Urech C, Cavelti M, Alder J (2012). Relaxation during Pregnancy: what are the benefits for mother, fetus and the newborn? A systematic review of the literature. J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 26(4): 296-306.
- Kvrgic S, Beck M, Cavelti M, Vauth R (2012). Focusing on the adult attachment style in schizophrenia in community mental health centres: Validation of the Psychosis Attachment Measure (PAM) in a German-speaking sample. Int Jof Soc Psychiatry 58(4): 362-73.
- Beck EM, Cavelti M, Kvrgic S, Kleim B, Vauth R (2011). Are we addressing the 'right stuff' to enhance adherence in schizophrenia? Understanding the role of insight and attitudes towards medication. Schizophr Res 132(1): 42-9.
- Beck EM, Cavelti M, Wirtz M, Kossowsky J, Vauth R (2011). How do socio-demographic and clinical factors interact with medication adherence motivation in schizophrenia? A cluster-analytical approach. Psychiatry Res 187(1-2): 55-61.
- Cavelti M, Milenkovic N, Munsch S, Wilhelm F, Schmid O, & Wiesbeck G (2009). The relationship between mood, craving, and nicotine consumption in the daily life of opioid addicted patients. Verhaltenstherapie 19: 229-236.